Mimee Update

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
Tal

Mimee Update

Post by Tal »

Wow - I can't believe it's been over a month since my last update!

I had to actually read my own posts to remember what I'd last updated you all on. While there hasn't been a great deal of progress, its been slow but steady. I had been waiting on some parts to arrive, and continued ordering more parts, so I wouldn't have to wait when I got to a particular phase of the project. I can be so impatient.....lol.

The main progress I've made is working on completing the design of the thruster housing, and actually putting it into practice. All the parts arrived that allowed me to convert the two main thrusters to a 4mm drive system, which is now complete with a universal joint between the motor shaft and drive shaft. I drilled out the threaded props to 4mm and it all fits together nicely. I'll post a pic or two soon. I decided to use some bullet connectors for wiring between the thruster and main housing and installed a temperature sensor also, to monitor the heat in the compartment. With the sensor hard wired into the housing, and the motor connector soldered in place, I was able to pot the bullet connectors with some epoxy which was a little messy but I'll make it look better next time :) I used a hot glue gun to pin the wires down, on the inside, to allow the alluminium housing to slide in and out of the casing without issue. All in all, the design seems sound, although I still haven't tested the flange bearing underwater. That's my next step. I have, however, tested the code for the temp sensor and it all works well.

I also ordered a plastic tilt/pan assembly that I thought might be ideal for the camera. Much to my surprise, it was designed perfectly for micro servo's and went together quite well. I haven't prepared the code for it yet, not have i mounted the camera to the assembly.

There is still so much to do but I'm really enjoyed the journey. Hope you are all well :)