Rov from Norway,is scrapped for good

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
Atle.norway

Re: Rov from Norway

Post by Atle.norway »

Nice work .do you have engineer background?
Those proppelars are very heavy though.why brass and not plastic?
I have a good idea for lighting for you if you want
Always good to see a fellow norwegian.keep up building rovs.
captcrunch81

Post by captcrunch81 »

I like those props where did you find them at?
RoarRoar

Post by RoarRoar »

Hello

To Atle.norway, I have no engineer background,about why i use brass proppelars is because these proppelars will give me much thrust on low rpm.I have try one plastic propeller from Robbe 95MM and this plastic propeller give almost nothing thrust in low rpm.

those brass proppelars is not sow havy about (110 gram each)

To captcrunch81,you can buy it from:
http://www.hobby-lobby-modellbau.com/on ... llers.html

Type: 4 Blade Kort

I am almost finished with the rov,i need to test it,in the seawater,maybe i most add or remove some Bouyancy from rov,(therefore i have not paint the Bouyancy yellow yet)

I have working with the Control Systems and hook up everything in the rov.

About programming,I most say,thanks to njs552 from this forum, who has write the code and help me.

The code is not finished yet.

On the Go Pro Hero 3 Black,i use the remote control(i have remove the battery and use a converter instead of battery)then i connect it to,two SSR relay and the live Video out is connect to a small 12 volt relay(I can change from hero 3 and zoom camera from PS2 Controller,(everything on the hero 3 remote control,I can access on the PS2 Controller.

I use the remote control,because I dont need to open the Hero 3 and I keep the guaranty on the camera.

Its the same on the Zoom Camera,Meny, zoom in and out,I can access on the PS2 Controller.

I need only to buy a 8 pin Connector and a test Tether.

I have send a mail to videoray and ask,if i can buy two 8 pin Connector Male,female and 70ft Neutral Tether,but,i have not get any answer from they.

What 8 pin Connector use videoray? (it a special) what AWG have the power cable?
About the Neutral Tether from videray,what AWG have the power cable?

I have send mail to videoray about AWG,i have not get any answer from they.

In the rov,I have a DC - DC Converters,its a Mean Well SD-500H-24,(21amp) I will send 144DC volt down to the rov,Converters need only 4 amp(If you load it 100%),if i use 144DC volt.
can also use 96DC volt or 72DC volt (8 amp)

Weight of my ROV is now 13kg (28 lbs) with everything,except the Manipulator Arm,I need to make it first.

Dimension of ROV:
47CM length
30CM width
25CM height

I have take some Video:

Toffe

Post by Toffe »

Is there a possibility for you to make thrusters on demand? Or is that too much work? I really want a lathe to make my thrusters! hehe.
jonnyhas

Post by jonnyhas »

Hello Roar,

Very much like your design and precision of work, one question regarding your float what/how have you constructed this?

I have found a very dense swimining float board and am thinking of coating it with fibre glass with strengtheners to help with the compression.

regards

Jonny
a_shorething

Post by a_shorething »

ROVEnthusiast wrote:No offense, but this looks like you ripped off OpenRov for its body design, thruster placement, and acrylic tube.

Correction: This is what the OPEN ROV WISHES they looked like.

I like the concept but I think they missed the mark on a lot of points early in the design process and painted themselves into a corner. One attribute is the basic footprint and I think for the price you are getting a pretty delicate little piece of equipment that looks to me like a toy.

This design is generally similar but WAY better in the design, and from what I can see, in the fit and finish as well.

Nicely done!!!
jonnyhas

Post by jonnyhas »

@a_shorething :- i second your comments but not only that there are lots of comercial inspection rov's with similar layout & design! and RoarRoar's rov is one of the most professional built i have seen on this site for along time.
Oldsirhippy

Post by Oldsirhippy »

@RoarRoar

Your ROV looks great.

I see on the floor what looks like a tether, is this a hose pipe through which you have fed the cable?
Is it neutral buoyancy?
RoarRoar

Post by RoarRoar »

Hello

To Toffe:
I do not make thrusters on demand,there is so much work to make these thrusters
(thread inside and outside),in a manual lathe and milling machine,i have use many days to make these
thrusters,especially the up and down thrusters.

If you have time,buy a used lathe and a milling machine,then you can make lot of things. :D

To jonnyhas:
I have use Divinycell Type H100, you can buy it from:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/c ... llfoam.php

1 Sheet 1" x 10" x 12" cost $18.95

I have glue 4 sheet together and use a thin layer polyester,then a green primer.

DIVINYCELL is a closed cell medium to high density foam which has high compression strength and
durability,used in surfboard.

To Oldsirhippy:
The tether you see on the floor,is only a normal extension cable for power, its not a ROV tether.

I have not get or buy any ROV tether yet.

I have now working a little bit on the rov,i discovered a major problem when i mounte the
plexiglass over the camera and light.I have use two 840 and one 1200 lumen from Bridgelux High
Power LED's,ther is not a good idea to have these light inside the chassis rotates unit.
I have try these light,after 1 minute,it was sow hot inside the chassis rotates unit,that zoom
camera turned off. sow the the cooling fan whas not good at all.

I have remove all 3 light from the chassis rotates unit,i think will use these Bridgelux High
Power LED's outside and not inside of the chassis rotates unit.

I will buy some new leds,which is not so hot and try they inside chassis rotates unit.

Possible to use some 5,8 or 10 mm led like this?:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-Ready-12V-1 ... 35a45721fb
SSN626B

Post by SSN626B »

@RoarRoar,
You might want to consider a flood light like this design: http://www.mikessubworks.com/page1.html
Sometimes it is hard to beat an off the shelf component in price and tested reliability.
Regards,
TCIII/SSN626B