MOTOR CONTROLLER FOR BRUSHLESS DC MOTOR

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
RV-BETANCOURT

MOTOR CONTROLLER FOR BRUSHLESS DC MOTOR

Post by RV-BETANCOURT »

Hey Guys I need some help!, could any of you tell me please how can I control the speed and direction of a brushless motor?, I know there is device called Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) which receives several kinds of signals, analog input, R/C, etc. but since my ROV is not going to be controlled by R/C I need an ESC with analog input for brushless motor.

I´ve found some ESCs for brushless motors but only for R/C signals, so they don´t work for me.. If any of you guys can help me understand a little more about this issue, I would be very grateful.

PS... Forgive my horrible english :lol: :oops:
scubersteve

Re: MOTOR CONTROLLER FOR BRUSHLESS DC MOTOR

Post by scubersteve »

What are you going to use for a control system?
RV-BETANCOURT

Post by RV-BETANCOURT »

I want to use a joystick, but I need a device to control the motor., what do you suggest to use for the control system, give me some ideas please.
scubersteve

Post by scubersteve »

Do you want to use on-board power or topside power?
odics

Post by odics »

There is no difference between an R/C signal and an analog input. An R/C controller IS an analog joystick that sends PWM signals to your ESC. You're going to need either an arduino, a servo tester, an R/C transmitter, or some other method of providing PWM input to your ESC.
RV-BETANCOURT

Post by RV-BETANCOURT »

the power source is going to be at the surface... The thruster I want to use is this one http://www.crustcrawler.com/products/ur ... _Sheet.pdf

Do you think that this controller could work with it?
http://www.robotmarketplace.com/product ... A1010.html
RV-BETANCOURT

Post by RV-BETANCOURT »

I´m trying to use this configuration for the signal transmition, The joystick will be connected to the stotion´s Microcontroller Unit, the to a transreceiver and then all the way down trough the theter to another transreceiver in the inside of the rov, then to the MCU in the ROV and the motor controller is to be connected to the MCU... Now, my ROV is going to have two vectorized trhusters and two horizontal trhusters, so I will need four brushless ESCs, but what kind of MCU will work for me?.. I saw someone used something like this in the design of his ROV http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/es/nid/209757
Attachments
ROV.jpg
ROV.jpg (456.6 KiB) Viewed 3026 times