My Frame

Waterproof Housing, Frames, and Buoyancy Methods.
RoarRoar

My Frame

Post by RoarRoar »

Hello

I have now start to Building a frame,I will use 10MM PE 1000 GREEN (UHMW-PE) (will float in water)
To weekend,I will mill out and assemble frame.

On the cast tube,i will use POM-C (acetal) to make Caps. cast tube have a wall thickness of 6.25mm,so i dont need to be worry about any leakage,I will use my lathe,to make a track on both side,and use o-ring.(not inside) (I most have a rod (bolt),but you will get the tube 100% watertight.

Frame size will be: L 450mm X B 290MM X H 250MM

Here is some new picture of the finished tube, i have only test this,in a water tank, no leakage.(maybe,i most have o-ring inside to,you can see on the picture,these o-ring is push together to the tube,i think it will stand a high pressure)

Last edited by RoarRoar on Mar 25th, 2013, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
RoarRoar

Re: My Frame

Post by RoarRoar »

Here is two image of the frame:

KR2_Diving
Location: Currently: NW Suburbs of Chicago. Originally: NE Wisconsin

Post by KR2_Diving »

That looks really good! Well Done! Can't wait to see more! :grip:
Garagescience

Post by Garagescience »

Nice! Can't see the o ring, is it on the inner diameter of the cap? You mentioned in parenthesis that is was not, and i became confused; could we have a close up picture of where the o ring is located?

What is the center truss for? To limit longitudinal pressure from the two end caps, or just so the caps stay on while putting unit together (air compressed in tube when you put caps on)?

Is this going to be OpenROV based system, other, or a system of your own design?

Very nice workmanship!
RoarRoar

Post by RoarRoar »

Hello Garagescience,look on this image(you most zoom in), you can see a o ring.
The center truss,is to press these o ring together.

More image of Frame:

I will use DIVINYCELL FOAM H100 to get this rov to float, i have order from http://www.aircraftspruce.com
I think this will be a good foam, after i have shape it,glue it and use Plastic or something.