Moki ROV (Another DUTCH ROV)

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
Moki

Re: Moki ROV (Another DUTCH ROV)

Post by Moki »

Looks good, but i would like to combine the opening with the camera viewport.

Next on the list is using a "PVC pressure flang" and some Lexan.... should be good for 16Bar.
perfo

Post by perfo »

like this one ?
http://www.thesafetysupplycompany.co.uk ... OxPbPmsV1Y

Great for one end and seal up the other with a domes etc.. Just make sure the internals are on a skid and can be extracted from the one end..
hmm maybe even a pressure sensor (water level sensor from a washing machine = cheap and digital ?) giving feed from the inside of the ROV and put a car Tyre (schrader?) type valve in the ROV hull. You could very slightly pressurize the hull (with dry nitrogen so no condensation) before a dive and check for leaks..it may also give you a warning then if the seal has been compromised under water...
a_shorething

Post by a_shorething »

perfo wrote:like this one ?
http://www.thesafetysupplycompany.co.uk ... OxPbPmsV1Y

Great for one end and seal up the other with a domes etc.. Just make sure the internals are on a skid and can be extracted from the one end..
hmm maybe even a pressure sensor (water level sensor from a washing machine = cheap and digital ?) giving feed from the inside of the ROV and put a car Tyre (schrader?) type valve in the ROV hull. You could very slightly pressurize the hull (with dry nitrogen so no condensation) before a dive and check for leaks..it may also give you a warning then if the seal has been compromised under water...
Exactly my setup (though the key is different) with a dome at the front. The ones I'm using are a little different and have a flange so it won't get pushed inside the PVC pipe. The come with a wing nut for hand tightening, but I'm replacing them with nuts and using a torque wrench to makes sure it's always the same.