Wanna be ROV builder

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
TwoBeaner

Wanna be ROV builder

Post by TwoBeaner »

Hey all, I was amazed when I came across Steve's website and then this forum. I have wanted to build a submersible for many years, originally big enough to fit inside but then as I get older and life/reality takes it toll I learn to scale my dreams down to more accomplishable ones. I have actually been (day)dreaming/designing an ROV in my head for the past year or so which is how I ran across this place. I was just poking around for information on thrusters, who knew there were so many people into this.

I'm glad I found you all because just in the last few weeks of stalking (with no user profile) I have learned a lot and begun to change the design in my head some. I really would love to build and ROV but for now I am still in the dreaming stage. I am 32 and have an 8 month old son, my wife and I both work full time jobs (50 hrs a week) so I don't have a lot of free time to do much more than dream. I hopefully will have more free time before I retire :lol: but who knows maybe not. For now I will live vicariously though you all and work on design.
Aquaticfox

Re: Wanna be ROV builder

Post by Aquaticfox »

Hello, I to have had that dream before. I was going to call it aquafox, however since you are knew to ROV building "I am too" you should start with a sea perch rov! there easy to build, cost $60-$80, and can support a camera.
TwoBeaner

Re: Wanna be ROV builder

Post by TwoBeaner »

Thanks Aquaticfox for the sea perch rov reference, looks like a pretty simple setup to build. :)