R.O.V. Research and Development New Design For Thrusters

Anything to do with Propulsion.
lockdownking

R.O.V. Research and Development New Design For Thrusters

Post by lockdownking »

I am the owner of R.O.V. Research, Design, and Development. One of the biggest problems I have heard and seen have been how to keep the shaft of motor sealed and away from water. Well, the design is completed and is now in the testing stages that will accomplish this with very little changes in design or costs. Want to know more? Keep up with me at http://reconnaissanceblog.wordpress.com ... developed/
lockdownking

Re: R.O.V. Research and Development New Design For Thrusters

Post by lockdownking »

Well, I just got off the phone with a patenting attorney located in Knoxville, TN, and it will cost me anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000 to patent a new ROV Thruster and I will have to wait a while to have it reviewed by the patenting office. So I guess I will begin manufacturing and selling them to the open market very soon.
Kale

Post by Kale »

---
Last edited by Kale on May 10th, 2014, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
lockdownking

Post by lockdownking »

The thruster design can be downloaded in PDF format from my blog at: http://reconnaissanceblog.wordpress.com/
I will also try to attach it here, but if it doesn't work, go to my blog.
Attachments
New ROV Thruster Design.pdf
(203.68 KiB) Downloaded 511 times
sthone

Post by sthone »

If I understand the concept right.... I assume your going to use some type of rubber bellows where the axle exits the Motor Housing to get around any type of actual shaft seal but still allow back and forth movement of the shaft. (and if this is right) what is going to keep the bellows from compressing under extreme water pressure?

-Steve :sting:
lockdownking

Post by lockdownking »

The bellows will have a polyurethane insert. Anything can work, but, it seems poly would be best. Other items that can be used include plastic, metal, etc.
lockdownking

Post by lockdownking »

To attach the arm to each of the round wheels that will drive the prop, you can drill a hole in each wheel and put a bearing in it. This will keep things smooth running.Here is an example: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/R1B-Pack ... 13512.html