Florida International University Senior engineering project

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
duncan

Re: Florida International University Senior engineering proj

Post by duncan »

What depth rating do you think the hull can withstand? I suspect it's not overly strong if it's just air under that PVC?

p.s it looks fantastic
Gaby1723

Post by Gaby1723 »

hey Duncan, I used formulas involving DE failure analysis for a cylindrical pressure vessel of pvc sch40 and its unbelievable the pressure that it can withstand. I am pretty sure that I will have a leak in the thru-hull wiring or acrylic dome before id ever have a problem with the pvc failing.
duncan

Post by duncan »

Gaby1723 wrote:hey Duncan, I used formulas involving DE failure analysis for a cylindrical pressure vessel of pvc sch40 and its unbelievable the pressure that it can withstand. I am pretty sure that I will have a leak in the thru-hull wiring or acrylic dome before id ever have a problem with the pvc failing.
Then colour me extremely impressed! Would be very interested to hear how deep any test dives go
Gaby1723

Post by Gaby1723 »

I will keep you informed... I put her in the pool recently ill upload some pics and videos of that soon. hopefully next weekend (weather permitting) ill be taking her on the boat offshore to see what shes really capable of.