First ROV project!

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
jsut210

First ROV project!

Post by jsut210 »

I am proud to report that my first ROV project has been started! If you haven't followed my project on this forum then you should check out this post to see my goals and plans: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1173 So anyways, my hobby king order has finally arrived and I got to work on my rover this weekend. I have 1 working thruster unit and an almost complete onboard controller. My camera unit is good to go, and I think I have my batteries sorted out. Here are some pictures:

Feel free to ask any questions or give any tips! More coming soon.
fireslayer26

Re: First ROV project!

Post by fireslayer26 »

Looking good! Very similar to what I'm doing. One question though, for your main housing... What size pipe is it, and is it pressure rated? Make sure it is not cellcore (foam core) pvc, which is not pressure rated. Cell core pvc is usually used for non-pressurized drainage.
jsut210

Post by jsut210 »

It is 4" PVC. It's also cell core pvc. However it also says sch40 on the side. It shouldn't matter much because I'm not planning on going very deep and I've also pressure tested the particular piece I'm using up to 100psi.
fireslayer26

Post by fireslayer26 »

jsut210 wrote:It is 4" PVC. It's also cell core pvc. However it also says sch40 on the side. It shouldn't matter much because I'm not planning on going very deep and I've also pressure tested the particular piece I'm using up to 100psi.
Ah ok, good to know!
jsut210

Post by jsut210 »

Here are some more pictures of my progress. You make notice some different thruster housings. I changed them to 3" pvc for durability. Also, like a dope I broke the shaft of the motor for my vertical truster while drilling the housing. I guess I'll have to order another one.