PVC Frame Plans

Waterproof Housing, Frames, and Buoyancy Methods.
jsut210

PVC Frame Plans

Post by jsut210 »

Hello once again guys! Just wanted to share and maybe get some feedback on my design for my frame/hull. The frame is made from 1/2" PVC and the hull is 4" PVC. The hull has a threaded cap on one end and a flange on the other. A piece of plastic will be bolted against the flange with a gasket between.

The whole thing is about 20" long, 12" high and 15" wide. What kind of weight/floatation do you think I would need if the frame is water filled and the hull is air filled? Also, can I get some feedback on the window that I made? I kinda just thought of it haha... :lol: In addition I just realized I have no plans for lighting. Do you think I should have an external light, or keep it safe in the hull? Thanks for any help!
fryslan76

Re: PVC Frame Plans

Post by fryslan76 »

An rough estimate would be the volume of the hull in liters equals about the kilograms you can move. So weigth the stuff and make the math.
ROZ

Re: PVC Frame Plans

Post by ROZ »

u might want to think about putting some bracing between the "feet". as soon as you add weight and buoyancy all of that is going to flex and through off your controls and possibly even break it. pvc is ok, but I found that it flex's alot. looks cool tho.