Hello from Atlanta

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
jpWA

Hello from Atlanta

Post by jpWA »

I am a rising junior in high school and am building an ROV to explore a small lake near my house and so I can do an independent research project in school. Maybe I can find out why it is so hard to catch a fish in the lake even though it is heavily stocked.

I already have the frame put together with 3 4in bilge blowers for thrusters, and will use 5 hobby rc lipo batteries for power.
For control, I will have an arduino and usb camera connected to a raspberry pi topside via rs485 cable.

I'll make an extra, small housing for the camera attached to the forward top bar.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (492.14 KiB) Viewed 2652 times
scubersteve

Re: Hello from Atlanta

Post by scubersteve »

Cool!
Welcome to the site!
I didn't think kids built anything anymore...just sat around playing video games.
I'm glad to have you prove me wrong.
<><
ROVEnthusiast

Post by ROVEnthusiast »

Hello, welcome to the forum. That is a really cool idea and a great thing to add to your college resume. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!
simpleben77

Post by simpleben77 »

I really like your thruster housing.... have you got any photo's close up? Also glad to see a teenager with an actual 'life'!!! all my teenage daughter does is live in her cave (room) on facebook.
jpWA

Post by jpWA »

I didn't make the thruster housings, I used rule 4in bilge blowers. http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/marine- ... lowers.htm