otter box

Waterproof Housing, Frames, and Buoyancy Methods.
jonnyhas

otter box

Post by jonnyhas »

hello everybody,

after a couple of hull failures last year (water leaking in the end cap) i want to get rid of the 4" housing i have been using its quite big and the screw on cap is just annoying me and i would like a smaller and easier to open watertight box, i have seen people mention otter boxes and was wondering if anyone had used them and how they set them up pics would be great?

many thanks

John H
sthone

Re: otter box

Post by sthone »

Water leaking in the end cap is ussually the result of the threads not being sealed. Try wrapping the threads of the end cap with at least 6 layers/windings of Teflon tape, this will usually fix the problem. (although PVC end caps are still a PITA :lol: )

-Steve 8-)
jonnyhas

Post by jonnyhas »

hello Steve, yea have done that and it worked i just dont like it and want something neater and as you say less of a pain

cheers

Jonny
onibnasir

Post by onibnasir »

I am using otterbox in my ROV. They are a pretty good solution as they can be opened and closed very easily with just two clips. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a safe waterproof housing. However they do add a lot of buoyancy to the ROV.
ROVEnthusiast

Post by ROVEnthusiast »

What did you use for your wire penetrators?