Two camera questions

Our Eye's under the water.
Iamwildman

Two camera questions

Post by Iamwildman »

I have a gopro as my main camera with a simple yellow RCA feed running up my tether. I also have a second IR camera I wasn't planing on using, with the same yellow RCA output. My tether has a single unused wire left in it. So here's my first question: each RCA is made up of two wires, can I wire one of these two wires as a common for both cameras and use my free tether wire for the second camera? That way I can switch between either cam on the controls.

Second question: if I do use a second camera, where is a good spot? My primary camera is forward facing and tilt-able. So guys with a second cam, where do you like to face them?
robe_uk

Re: Two camera questions

Post by robe_uk »

You can use the same ground for both cameras then seperate video, I would add a second camera facing straight down so you can cruise around looking at the bottom
ROV212

Re: Two camera questions

Post by ROV212 »

The still-untested design I am working with at the moment has a total of five cameras: A GoPro as the main camera, a Flip on the underside to see the bottom, a Contour pointed left, an Audiovox pointed right, and my navcam is a CCTV with a video tap to the surface. Sure, it might be overkill, but who wants to miss anything down there, right? (I should multiple cameras would be especially useful in wreck inspection)