highland rover

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
hazzyb

highland rover

Post by hazzyb »

just thought I would see if I can put some pic's up off my rov, tried out me buoyancy system today and it worked well sort off!! had to retro fit more floats so it didn't sink again, but have now striped it for a re fit because the control box is leaking and half the thrusters stoped working, so am going to make a nice new aly one then try again!!
Attachments
DSC_0008 copy.jpg
DSC_0008 copy.jpg (311.41 KiB) Viewed 4254 times
hazzyb

Re: highland rover

Post by hazzyb »

Just though I would do a wee update,

have now ripped everything to bits made new mounts for the vertical thrust and mounted them on the frame and moved the horizontal ones back just enough to get them on the centre line, hope it doesn't upset the turning to much!! taking longer than I hoped to fab the control box and new tank I have decided to fit to try and make the thing float!! be easier said than done when 90% of the rov is aluminium!! it might have to go on a diet to lose as much wait as possible, control system is coming along nicely new bank of relays is done 10 channel kit is done just got to finish the computer end, have also made a leak detector, need to make the other light and finish the camera housing. still a long way off getting back in the water but getting there!! will add more pic's soon.
robe_uk

Post by robe_uk »

Great stuff, looking forward to see how all turns out.

Rob
hazzyb

Post by hazzyb »

oops!! well that's done it.......just fried the computer control board so guess that's not going to happen now........ :cry:

but hears another pic, not much else to see till i get the other stuff welded.
Attachments
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG (580.52 KiB) Viewed 4151 times
hazzyb

Post by hazzyb »

well i think the box is going to be big enough!! as i could prob fit everything in it 3 times over not really any bigger than the old one but a lot more useable space to add more stuff later, well that's the plan anyway.

cheers Rob!! will keep you posted, won't look much like the old one when its finished but hopefully work a bit better, and NOT leak!!

Ben
Attachments
DSC_0016 small.jpg
DSC_0016 small.jpg (661.15 KiB) Viewed 4148 times
hazzyb

Post by hazzyb »

just another update, not good had to order another Darwin array driver chip coz i'm getting good at friying them.......so i'm back to using relays if I cant get the board working again fingers crossed!!!

think I may have damaged it trying to wire it up to the other board for the pc, ha and there was me thinking about using a ps2 controller don't think i'll bother now might blow it up with the luck I'm having. my lap top is no happy just now ether and just found out me air orbital sander dosant want to work is some one trying to tell me something?

but on a good note the rest of the rov is coming along got the box and float welded so I can finaly get most off it put back together, still got to finnish and test the box though just wating for the Perspex to arrive for the cover and the regulator for the now u/s control system so I can drill all the holes for the wiring,
Attachments
DSC_0004.JPG
DSC_0004.JPG (299.18 KiB) Viewed 4036 times
hazzyb

Post by hazzyb »

need to clean the bench again haha don't take long to get messed up!!
Attachments
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0001.JPG (285.25 KiB) Viewed 4035 times
hazzyb

Post by hazzyb »

No much been happening lately, have got the box ready for testing, might see if I can do it at the weekend if the tide and weather is ok, and I get the time, witch consists off chucking it over the side off the boat and seeing if it leaks or not. it's a bit heavier than I hoped for but at least it floats talking about floats have finished that and painted it too.

Still wating for me new chip to arrive for the control, should have been hear by now, but got a uno and a ps2 controller to wire up now,

HELP!!!!! :? :? :?

I now know what I've let me self in for so that should be done by the end off the year then :lol: when I eventually finger it out..........
Attachments
DSC_0018.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG (131.51 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
hazzyb

Post by hazzyb »

one day I will clean the bench honest!!
Attachments
DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0019.JPG (122.1 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
hazzyb

Post by hazzyb »

might have gone a bit over board with the bolts on the box as well but its done now.
Attachments
DSC_0020.JPG
DSC_0020.JPG (152.38 KiB) Viewed 3975 times