camera/cable/monitor connection

Other than control. (Navigation, Sonar, Ect.)
Sea Searcher

camera/cable/monitor connection

Post by Sea Searcher »

I'm having a very difficult time finding answers to how to get a signal from the camera to a monitor.

If anyone can answer my questions, please explain this to me!

Basically, what I'm trying to do is use a composite video camera (pcb board cam)to help me navigate my rov. I'd like to send a video signal to the surface and watch the video on a 7" lcd monitor. I don't know what kind of wire/cable to use, if it will connect to the camera or if it will connect to the monitor. I'd prefer an lcd monitor because it would be small and lightweight. And I'd prefer to use some kind of wire that is also not bulky. I'll often be controlling the rov while in a raft or maybe even a kayak, so bulky monitors are not going to be practical, not or bulky wires desirable. What I don't understand is how to put all these things together, because there are so many different kinds of wires and connectors, signals and such. I don't know what kinds of plugs or adapters are required, and I'm having a hard time finding out. I just want to know how to get something together that is compatible with itself, so I can finish building my ROV!

Can anyone please explain this to me?
fryslan76

Re: camera/cable/monitor connection

Post by fryslan76 »

The question is what kind of Thether are you gonna use? Work from that to composite video on the ROV side and on the land side see which connections your LCD screen has.