How to build the mule.

Spot for your general beginner questions.
explorer98

How to build the mule.

Post by explorer98 »

I am trying to build my first rov and instead of designing my own I am going to try and build Steve's rov, the mule. Can anybody give me a parts list? And also, what can I use that is thin, light and cheap to run a camera off of?
sthone

Re: How to build the mule.

Post by sthone »

I really wouldn't recommend trying to copy the mule, it was really just meant to be something along the lines of a toy.

I never really did finish it either, (It had some downfalls) the motors were just run open to the water and probably would just rust up (being that they are really cheap motors) the camera while it does work, gets so much interference from the motors its only viewable when the motors are off. (there are ways to fix that but I never did) it probably would even be able to drag the tether around that much either. (I only ever tested it in the bathtub) I never figured out buoyancy for it yet either.

All in all, I'd pick another starting point, if your looking for something really simple maybe the Seapearch -----> LINK

-Steve :sting:
explorer98

Re: How to build the mule.

Post by explorer98 »

oh, Ok thanx steve! I might build it for school next year, and then add a camera lol