Hi from Greece

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
akiskalo

Hi from Greece

Post by akiskalo »

Hi to all.
I am very new to the ROV scene and have been patiently reading up on as much info as I could before I took the first steps to actually making one.
This forum is by far the most informative and friendly source of information on the web.
Now that we have that out of the way. I will tell you a little bit about my ROV idea which I am slowly but surely fabricating.
I am using an old aluminium scuba tank as the main body.
Power will be a DC power supply on board with an HD IP camera,LED lights and two thrusters mounted on an axle which will turn up to 180 degrees,thus directing the ROV up or down.
This will all be fed up to the surface via a cat 6 and a power cable to an Android HD tablet for navigation.
I am using an RC radio via DSC to control everything on the rov.
At the moment I am having some machine work done to the scuba tank, however I have a fully functional propulsion system on my test bench that works very well thanks to this forum and it's members.
I am a big believer in the philosophy of NOT re inventing the wheel and if it's not broken don't fix it!!
By using technology and know how that is already out there, one can let his imagination loose and come up with a lot of wonderful ideas.
I guess I am saying a BIG thank you to all of you and especially BIKERBONES for being there for anyone who shares your interests.
I will be posting pics on the progress of the project soon.
Thanks again
Jordan