ROV Asia not MIA

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
bikerbones1968

ROV Asia not MIA

Post by bikerbones1968 »

For those of you that are familiar with the ROV Asia system I believe I have good news. I managed to contact Gordon Duncan yesterday and here was the response regarding purchases.

"The boards will be re manufactured in three months time they also have a light controller board,

Take care and best regards,

G. Duncan."

Has anyone on the forums used the ROV Asia setup?

Anthony
sthone

Re: ROV Asia not MIA

Post by sthone »

Not sure if that's good news... I still here there are a lot of previous unsatisfied customers out there, did he mention if he's going to satisfy them?

-Steve 8-)
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Never asked about the past, was hoping for something good in to happen. I think he has a fantastic set up and the price was more than reasonable. Hope it all comes together for ROV Asia and past and future customers will all be satisfied.
aquajack

Post by aquajack »

what was the price??? I want this for my rov :shock:
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

When they first appeared the entire system with main board, controller board, lighting board, water leak sensor everything you need listed here.

ROV1 Full Set includes
1.Transmitter Board 1 pcs.
2.Receiver Board 1 pcs.
3.Light Controller Board 1 pcs.
4.Fuse Board 1 pcs.
5.Leak Sensor 2 pcs.
6.Trim Pot Board 2 pcs.
7.Fuse 10 A. 4 pcs.,Fuse 2 A. 2 pcs.
8.Resistor 47K 6 pcs.
9.Plastic Pole 15 mm. 12 pcs. 5mm. 4 pcs
10.Screw and Nut m3 8 set
11.Plastic Base 1 pcs.
12.Full set of manuals.
13.Buzzer 6V. 1pcs
14.Red LED 5 mm. And Resistor 560 Ohm 15.Power LED 3W 4V 700mA. 2 pcs.

ROV1 Full set
PRICE US $79.99

Not sure if they will ever be remanufactured or not. I understand a lot of people had trouble when the stock ran out and some people never received their orders. According to an email response I got they are going to be re-released sometime this summer. I am now going to be using an RC computer radio with DSC and do channel mixing for my motor controls. It have servos right now in place of the escs and motors so I can test the channel mixing. With the programming done the stick configuration works awesome and it was very easy. Still like the concept of the Rov Asia system but couldnt wait any longer. I might try to get one, when and if, they become available.
Last edited by bikerbones1968 on Jun 25th, 2012, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robe_uk

Post by robe_uk »

i think it was a good product, pity they messed people around, I doubt i would give them my money now :(
Rover

Post by Rover »

I really liked how easy it was to use. all the logic is built in to the chips.

The negative side, is the boards use a proprietary communication, and if one of the boards fail, as it did for me, you have an ROV with no control system. You can not go to the store and pick up a replacement part. As you have all heard Asia-ROV has vaporized, with no response to e-mails. So we are starting at square one, looking at a new control system such as the Ardiuno.

I will say after using the ROV-Asia control system, you get spoiled and will not go back to a relay controlled system. Having all of the PWM control was nice. But going with a micro controller is also a daunting task to figure out the code.

Jim
Rover

Post by Rover »

Has anyone heard anything from ROV-Asia? It is now November with no activity from them on the internet.

Jim
bikerbones1968

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Nope. Emailed Duncan a few times no replies. Too bad, he did indicate that they were going to be remanufactured but I am hesitant to believe it until I see it.