SEATIGER

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
SEATIGER

SEATIGER

Post by SEATIGER »

The SEATIGER started as a group of LSU Mechanical Engineering students working on a senior project for the Subsea Tieback Foundation (STF). Each of us already had subsea experience and a passion for subsea engineering and wanted to continue to expand our knowledge, but we also wanted to spread awareness of a field that had already given us so much. The project began by recognizing that the subsea industry is rapidly growly, so fast that it has nearly outpaced the ability to fill open positions. Our goals were to promote engineering education, engage students in the material, showcase subsea technology, and foster interest in the energy industry. Our ultimate goal was simply to inspire kids to pursue engineering at a young age.

We came up with a concept that was to develop something that is interactive with the students and more than simply a display or presentation. The idea was to create a mobile exhibit that could be brought to a school or any other venue and used to teach Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) material within a subsea context.

The final product is the Subsea Exhibit Able To Integrate Grade-Level Expectations with ROVs, or simply SEATIGER. It consists of a small scale ROV that can be completely operated by students. It also includes a 1500 gallon (5600 L) water tank in which to operate the ROV. The whole package is mounted on a trailer so it can be delivered and operated in any venue.

More information and about the SEATIGER as well as video footage can be found on the SEATIGERExhibit YouTube page found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/SEATIGERExhibit or by emailing SEATIGERExhibit@gmail.com
soulreaper

Re: SEATIGER

Post by soulreaper »

It would have been nice if you posted the pictures on the forum, that is what this forum is for.
SEATIGER

Re: SEATIGER

Post by SEATIGER »

soulreaper wrote:It would have been nice if you posted the pictures on the forum, that is what this forum is for.
I'm sorry. I read the forum description pinne at the top and it didn't reference photos at all, simply said "showcasing your project". Is there a better forum for my post? Also, the YouTube account includes videos of the entire exhibit and some testing, not simply dive videos. I'll upload some photos here tomorrow of some of the more unique aspects of the project.