another Velleman K8023 question

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
jonnyhas

another Velleman K8023 question

Post by jonnyhas »

hello everybody new to the forum & my first post although i have been following homebuiltrovs for sometime, i have been mucking about with my rov for a long time now and have finally got to a point where i am trying to sort out the controll side using the Velleman board, I have an arcade type joystick for forward and turn control, but i am struggling to get the wiring to work, i origionaly orientated the joystick so that forward activated 1 relay, reverse 1 relay Left turn Right turn 1 relay each when i had cotrols set up origionaly on cat 5 i made a diode setup to enable this to work the 2 thrusters with the various forward & reverse as required for the maneuver, but i decided i wanted to reduce the cable down to a 4 core for video and control, and used the vellemen to achevieve this... however the setup will not work unless i rotate the joystick orientation thru 45deg so that forward operates 2 relays etc...... my problem is this does not work very well and more that often i only get 1 relay working even after adjusting them as best i can.... is there anybody out there who has had the same problem and managed to solve this??

sorry for the long spiel hope someone can help

cheers
Jonny
jonnyhas

Re: another Velleman K8023 question

Post by jonnyhas »

I may have solved my problem i can get a dual post joystick from rs components see link below, so i will purchase and let you's know how it go's.

cheers

jonnyh

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/joystick- ... s/3986749/