Pilot a Real ROV over the Internet

Kick back and discuss anything you want here. (Off Topic, Humor, ect.)
sthone

Pilot a Real ROV over the Internet

Post by sthone »

Just found this cool site today http://www.divecommander.com/ it allows you to pilot a real Rov through your browser. You get to pilot a Baby Gnom Rov, it's only around a small tank but it's still pretty cool and actually will give those of you who haven't finished your Rov's a good idea what you can expect when you do, like there's bubbler's that actually push you around like current, and I saw a real fish too.

It's actually set up like a video game where players are tasked with looking for clues that they can use to answer four questions surrounding the sinking of a fictitious ship. Each player gets a two-minute block of playing time, after which they have to rejoin the queue. A second player can join in while another is piloting the sub, however, causing disruptions such as bubble streams and flashing strobe lights, to make the sub pilot’s job more difficult.

Try it while you can as it's free of charge right now but from the sounds of things it will be a pay to play kind of thing in the future.

I got lucky and there was no one in queue so I got to play around for awhile, Anyway this is really well done so I thought you guys would enjoy this.

-Steve 8-)
jason howard

Re: Pilot a Real ROV over the Internet

Post by jason howard »

OMG so much fun
bikerbones1968

Re: Pilot a Real ROV over the Internet

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Thats pretty cool stuff.