Velleman K8023 Board Wiring Question

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
Aero

Velleman K8023 Board Wiring Question

Post by Aero »

Recently, I undertook an ROV project and I decided to use the Velleman K8023 kit to control a couple of pumps via relays. My question is, does the receiving end (the larger board) only need a 12VDC power source? From what I can tell you need 12VDC to power your devices, however does that same power source power the rest of the board as well or do you need a separate AC source for that?

I have looked at page 9 of the following manual, however I am still not completely clear on it: http://www.velleman.eu/downloads/0/illu ... _k8023.pdf

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thegadgetguy

Re: Velleman K8023 Board Wiring Question

Post by thegadgetguy »

Yes, you only need to supply the Receiver board with 12 volts (300 mA). The control board is powered by the two wires, which carry both serial control signals, and the power for the control board at the same time. The deal with the whole AC thing is just that you can power the receiver board with AC - it has a built in diode bridge to rectify the AC current to DC, right on the board itself. If you are supplying it with DC already, it doesn't do anything. I don't think they worded it very clearly. But the bottom line is yes, all you have to do is supply the receiver board with 12 volts.
Aero

Re: Velleman K8023 Board Wiring Question

Post by Aero »

Thanks! That cleared things up a lot.