Wanted Information for Curtis PMC

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
bikerbones1968

Wanted Information for Curtis PMC

Post by bikerbones1968 »

Hi all, I was out shopping for parts and pieces for my build today and visited the local military surplus outfit. You just never know what treasures might be lying around. Anyway I spotted this small box on a shelf amongst a heap of various electronic stuff and when I opened it discovered a CURTIS PMC Model 1203A-501. It was brand new in the box but without any literature. I didn’t have a clue what it was but it had B+ and B- pins on it, M1 and M2 pins ( I assumed M = Motor) and other connection pins indicating "POT". I did find a few tid bits of information on it online. It’s a DC reversible motor speed controller!!! And one heck of a controller at that. I was not fruitful locating a manual as yet and I am asking if anyone has information on them. I think it is rated from 24 to 36 vdc and up to 50Amps. For the whooping fee of $15.00 I think I scored big time. I also scored a entire box of sonar sensors and controller boards. Some of the sonar boards are for up to 4 sensors and some for up to 2 sensors. They were designed as safe backing sensors that beep via a small horn the presence of obstacles starting at 6 feet, then faster beeping at 3 feet and then a steady tone at 2 feet or less. I'm not sure of any ROV uses but I thought they might be useful operating in poor visibility as you approach the bottom when descending. :D
Attachments
This is a twin sensor sonar board.   I bench tested these boards and they work well. Now to decide if it has a practical use on a ROV.
This is a twin sensor sonar board. I bench tested these boards and they work well. Now to decide if it has a practical use on a ROV.
sonar_sensor_board.jpg (547.94 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
This is the Curtis PMC dual motor reversible controller.  Hope I will be able to use it for my build.
This is the Curtis PMC dual motor reversible controller. Hope I will be able to use it for my build.
curtis_pmc_board.jpg (698.47 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
Last edited by bikerbones1968 on May 23rd, 2012, 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bikerbones1968

Re: Wanted Information for Curtis PMC

Post by bikerbones1968 »

UPDATE... I now have the schematics and POT values and a ton of other information on The CURTIS PMC board. Turns out it has a multitude of applications. Many thanks go out to Stan Steinour from Flight Systems Industrial Products.http://www.fsip.biz/ for the literature.