Frame Size

Waterproof Housing, Frames, and Buoyancy Methods.
AHarris

Frame Size

Post by AHarris »

Hello Forumers (if that is a word),

I've almost completed my ROV which I am very excited about, especially as everyone thought it would be another project I wouldn't finish, and I wondered how large everyone's ROVs are?

My ROV seems to be massive compared to the measurements on paper and from pictures it seems to be a lot bigger than what others have built.
What is a good size for a ROV?

Thank you
soulreaper

Re: Frame Size

Post by soulreaper »

My rov measurements are 21 1/2 inches long, 11 1/4 inches wide, 9 1/2 inches tall. ;)
weine

Post by weine »

AHarris wrote:Hello Forumers (if that is a word),

I've almost completed my ROV which I am very excited about, especially as everyone thought it would be another project I wouldn't finish, and I wondered how large everyone's ROVs are?

My ROV seems to be massive compared to the measurements on paper and from pictures it seems to be a lot bigger than what others have built.
What is a good size for a ROV?

Thank you

Could you attach any pics about your ROV?
Joe

Post by Joe »

The ROV my team built for the 2008 and 2009 MATE International ROV competition was massive, weighing in over 130 pounds, and being over three feet long! It was a back-breaker to get in and out of the water, but once in the water there was no ROV I've ever driven that handled better. It's huge mass made it so you couldn't feel the tether, and it's attitude was almost unaffected by objects it was manipulating. But alas... when it came time to pull it out of the water we were once again cursing it's weight... ;)