Hi from Norway!

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
VegardP

Hi from Norway!

Post by VegardP »

Hi there all you deepwater entusiasts!
I'm a newbie doing research and planning to maybe produce my own ROV some day soon.
I have some electronics & programming background and alot of film&television background so my point of view is mostly building it from scratch to use with smaller filmcameras to scout and shoot underwater stuff. I do have a PADI divers licence and have some dives as basis for my interest in deepwater exploration as well as my interest of documenting for the broadcasting industry.
My work will be documented online and completely opensource and i will make no money out of the hardware constructed, and i am willing to share all my experience with fellow ROV builders. I hope we can make some progress especially on the thruster design section as i am interested going atleast 300feet / 100meters down into the abbyss.
Looking forward to learn and share from mine and others experiences!
May also concider teaming up with other in Norway / Sweden.
Alaska Rov Systems

Re: Hi from Norway!

Post by Alaska Rov Systems »

I cant wait to find out what kind of thrusters that you are going to use. I want to someday go down that far. plus you are going to have to take into account the pressure and resistance of the tether wire. I am interested to find out how it works.

Alex
VegardP

Re: Hi from Norway!

Post by VegardP »

Take a quick look at my magnetic coupling thruster post and you will see what i have in mind.
The 100 meter mark is a giant milestone for the project but im way far away from that.