Hull electrical connectors

Any miscellaneous pieces and parts that don't fit in the above forums.
Rover

Hull electrical connectors

Post by Rover »

What are some of the different ways you have used to connect or seal wires going through the hull.

1) Cannon plus, if so, what kinds?

2) Epoxy sealed wires, if so how much pressure have you tested them to?

3) Threaded studs through the hull to pass power through?

4) ????????

Jim
PaulC

Re: Hull electrical connectors

Post by PaulC »

That is an excellent question to ask the forum I will be following this thread. But I might be able to help also, but I need to know what materials that you are using so that I can get an idea of what we are up against.
Rover

Post by Rover »

PVC hull, with a PVC rear pressure bulkhead. Going to run the brushless motors wet, so wires outside pressure hull will also be wet.

Jim
SoakedinVancouver

Post by SoakedinVancouver »

I use 14AWG copper piece of wires, through a tight hole in PVC enclosure, backfilled with epoxy on both sides. I try to put them where there is a recess inside the PVC enclosure (electrical junction box, water/sewer pipe screw-on covers, etc...), so that my regular internal wire (with insulation over copper) solder connection to the feedthrough #14, as well as the end of the insulation, get buried under the epoxy. That way, if there is water ingress through some holes in the umbilical wiring, it is blocked (hopefully) at the junction under the epoxy.