Camera from an old camrecorder

Our Eye's under the water.
steel

Camera from an old camrecorder

Post by steel »

Hi,

I have an old camcorder that is in pieces but should work. Can this be reused as an onboard camera or is it too much of a hassle?

/steel
cam.jpg
cam.jpg (348.99 KiB) Viewed 5542 times
asesorplaza1

Re: Camera from an old camrecorder

Post by asesorplaza1 »

Good morning.
For the price that video cameras have today, I do not think it is worth fixing that one, taking into account that according to the photo, you are missing the electronic control board, and several other parts.
Greetings
steel

Post by steel »

asesorplaza1 wrote:Good morning.
For the price that video cameras have today, I do not think it is worth fixing that one, taking into account that according to the photo, you are missing the electronic control board, and several other parts.
Greetings
Hi

Yes you are probably right. I have the other parts but I agree it´s probably tons of work. Thx anyway.

Regards steel
Oddmar

Post by Oddmar »

Ok, i'm a little late reading this post, but...

"Remember, remember the 5th of November...The gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot"

LOL

Look on eBay, search for Panasonic T55 (or T70, same device) camcorder, used. Look until you find someone selling one for around $50. (It sold for $300 new). Only 800x600 D1 resolution, but 78x optical zoom! Tiny little thing, records onto an SD card, but also puts out live composite video. If you wanna control zoom just use a cheap 9gram servo to push on the W-T rocker. Powered by 5 vdc.

Put it behind the front hemisphere dome. Mine was on a pan/tilt gimbal slaved to an arduino DIY headtracker topside, so i could see something swimming/moving off to the side and turn the camera by turning my head, while still looking at the projection screen my security-system DVR was displaying 8 camera feeds on.

Hope that helps.
steel

Post by steel »

Oddmar wrote:Ok, i'm a little late reading this post, but...

"Remember, remember the 5th of November...The gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot"

LOL

Look on eBay, search for Panasonic T55 (or T70, same device) camcorder, used. Look until you find someone selling one for around $50. (It sold for $300 new). Only 800x600 D1 resolution, but 78x optical zoom! Tiny little thing, records onto an SD card, but also puts out live composite video. If you wanna control zoom just use a cheap 9gram servo to push on the W-T rocker. Powered by 5 vdc.

Put it behind the front hemisphere dome. Mine was on a pan/tilt gimbal slaved to an arduino DIY headtracker topside, so i could see something swimming/moving off to the side and turn the camera by turning my head, while still looking at the projection screen my security-system DVR was displaying 8 camera feeds on.

Hope that helps.

Everything helps :D