Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
kennan345

Post by kennan345 »

Thanks for the acceptance

New to ROV's but have dismantled my homebuild hexacopter with plans to move from the air to the water.
Moving along with the design and am now with the control system and looking for the best way using CAT 6 cable.
Looking forward to researching through these forums!
Attachments
Side view.jpg
Side view.jpg (469.33 KiB) Viewed 9309 times
fryslan76

Re: New member

Post by fryslan76 »

Welcome, and I am sure you will find plenty of suggestions here for that.
bigbadbob

Post by bigbadbob »

Wecome aboard. :)
asesorplaza1

Post by asesorplaza1 »

Wellcome to the forum from Spain, I will be attentive to your progress, a greeting
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

Welcome! Looks like you've made some progress on the build so far. I'm excited to see where it goes!
Oddmar

Post by Oddmar »

Well, you could use a cheap 8-channel RC controller like a Turnigy 9X, unplug the TX unit from the back, run 2 wire DSC (direct servo control) down one of your twisted pairs to the receiver in the ROV to control the thrusters.
The GoPro had live video out, composite. Use a couple of video baluns top and bottom to send live video up another twisted pair. Without the baluns the signal will suck over that much wire.
You need to use onboard batteries, because thin wire has mega resistance to low-voltage power-over-tether. Either LiPo's or larger heavier SLA. Trying to run power down from the surface will have your motors not responding and your ESC's shutting down.