PCP Air rifle connectors

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
Druid8172

PCP Air rifle connectors

Post by Druid8172 »

Just joined and here is the first of what may well be many questions

has anyone used the hose connectors available for charging PCP air rifles to allow cables to pass into a pressure hull
they are rated for 340bar or 5000psi so should be water tight enough for what i am aiming for

Thanks
Ian Jackson
asesorplaza1

Re: PCP Air rifle connectors

Post by asesorplaza1 »

Good night from Spain.
I have never read the use of compressed air connectors to pass the cables, even if it sounds weird or even crazy, is an option to try, to check the result. Although I'm not sure how to pass the wires, you'll have to study and develop the idea a little more.
Many times, out of madness, a great invention or solution arises.
A greeting
Druid8172

Post by Druid8172 »

having looked further in to the concept i am starting to lean more to Hydraulic quick release connectors. i have been looking online at 3/4in Hydraulic connectors. this seems initially at be at least theoretically being a viable route. I think i need to order a pair of connectors and see just how much space is available in the interior of the connector. they are rated for >300 bar so more than enough for the 30bar i am aiming for.

Ian
asesorplaza1

Post by asesorplaza1 »

Good night from Spain.
The only problem I see of those types of fast compressed air connectors is the little space left inside to be able to put any type of electrical connector.
You will already inform us of your investigations and advances.
Greetings.
fryslan76

Post by fryslan76 »

Hi,

For diving there are also quick connectors available air based. These might be easier to by than material related to airsoft. If you worry about the size take a look at hydraulic oil connectors on tractors.
Remember only that all these connectors are rated for internal pressure not external pressure there is a difference.
Druid8172

Post by Druid8172 »

fryslan76 wrote:Hi,

For diving there are also quick connectors available air based. These might be easier to by than material related to airsoft. If you worry about the size take a look at hydraulic oil connectors on tractors.
Remember only that all these connectors are rated for internal pressure not external pressure there is a difference.
thanks

yes i have been looking at Hydraulic connectors. the ones i am thinking about are rated to around 300bar and i am looking to make a ROV with a maximum depth pressure rating of 30bar so hopefully they should be ok. i will give them a try at least

Ian
bigbadbob

Post by bigbadbob »

I use 6mm push fit pneumatic connectors for my thruster wiring where it penetrates the hull.
one end has a 1/4" taper thread that screws into my hull, the other accepts 6mm pneumatic polyurethane hose.
just push the hose in and it locks, you can get locking clips for extra security or use a drop of epoxy.

this kind of thing-