Hello from Yorkshire

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
markgengine

Hello from Yorkshire

Post by markgengine »

Hello all, just joined this forum. Up until 4 years ago I was designing & building gear for handling work class ROV's and tethers (TMS,s)along with tooling for same.
Our company gave up due to the oil price failure. I'm now off in other industries. I "inherited" an "Aquabotix Hydroview Sport" Basic observation Rov, and I am trying to get this thing going as I want to look under our canal boat !
It has been in store for several years but has never been used. It is controlled through a beagleboard with a wireless modem as the interface to a pc laptop. The batteries have had it, which is the bit I can understand, otherwise I will be a pain to all about the control side.
Anyway that's my introduction for now. I will be posting pics etc later.
Special hello to any in Aberdeen / Scotland generally.
Cheers, Mark.
Lucas

Re: Hello from Yorkshire

Post by Lucas »

Welcome aboard! There's a goldmine of information available in the forums here.
asesorplaza1

Post by asesorplaza1 »

Bienvenido al foro desde España, veremos ese proyecto con expectación, un saludo.

Welcome to the forum from Spain, we will see this project with expectation, a greeting.
bigbadbob

Post by bigbadbob »

Hi from the Isle of Skye and welcome aboard Mark.
I have a few Yorkshire connections and once spent a week with Perry Slingsby in Kirkbymoorside learning how to overhaul their manipulator arms. that was good fun.
I've also spent a bit of time around the Hudds/Hafilax area but have never dropped my rov in the canal, I imagine the water is pretty murky down there. is that the same canal you have your boat on?