Pressurize acrylic cylinder dinamically

Waterproof Housing, Frames, and Buoyancy Methods.
MarcoMota

Pressurize acrylic cylinder dinamically

Post by MarcoMota »

Hi,

I just realized that the problem of objects imploding underwater is the difference in pressure. If I could measure water pressure outside the rov and air pressure inside the rov I could make a system that with a gas can it pressurizes the cylinder, then when going up I could put a valve or a pump that would get some air out depressurizing the cylinder.

Do you think this is a good solution to make it possible to go deeper with the ROV? Did you try it? <><
Oddmar

Re: Pressurize acrylic cylinder dinamically

Post by Oddmar »

I put 4 used freon tanks on top of my original ROV for buoyancy, and eventually pressurized them to 200psi, figuring at depth that would help to keep them from imploding.

But to do this inside the WTC, you have to consider electronic components such as electrolytic capacitors may not survive much pressure differential.

You could fill the WTC with non-conductive mineral oil, but keep in mind the camera(s) will not see properly submerged in that.
asesorplaza1

Re: Pressurize acrylic cylinder dinamically

Post by asesorplaza1 »

Buenas noches.

Puedes añadir a tu construcción una válvula de rueda de coche, para poder suministrar un poco de aire a presión dentro del compartimento, y así se atenúa un poco la diferencia entre la presión interior y la presión exterior.
No es una solución científica, pero funciona.
Un saludo.

Good night.

You can add a car wheel valve to your construction, so you can supply some press-stud air inside the compartment, which attenuates the difference between the internal pressure and the outside pressure.
It's not a scientific solution, but it works.
Greetings.