Help with Controller Concept

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
asesorplaza1

Re: Help with Controller Concept

Post by asesorplaza1 »

Buenos días.

En vista de cómo se están poniendo las cosas entre tu País, Estados Unidos, y China, a lo que no voy a comentar nada mas, te interesaría mirar unas placas que aquí en Europa, descartamos por que resultan caras, pero allí tienes que estudiarlo, te pongo el enlace a su página oficial, y estudia cómo se pueden comprar allí en tu Región.

https://www.pjrc.com/

Un saludo.

Good morning.

Given how things are getting between your country, the United States, and China, which I'm not going to comment on, you'd be interested in looking at some plates that here in Europe, we discarded because they're expensive, but there you have to study it, I put the link to their official page, and study how they can be bought there in your Region.

Greetings.
medemt

Post by medemt »

asesorplaza1 wrote:Buenos días.

En vista de cómo se están poniendo las cosas entre tu País, Estados Unidos, y China, a lo que no voy a comentar nada mas, te interesaría mirar unas placas que aquí en Europa, descartamos por que resultan caras, pero allí tienes que estudiarlo, te pongo el enlace a su página oficial, y estudia cómo se pueden comprar allí en tu Región.

Un saludo.

Good morning.

Given how things are getting between your country, the United States, and China, which I'm not going to comment on, you'd be interested in looking at some plates that here in Europe, we discarded because they're expensive, but there you have to study it, I put the link to their official page, and study how they can be bought there in your Region.

Greetings.

Thank you for the info. I will check this out.
medemt

Post by medemt »

asesorplaza1 wrote:Buenas noches.

Lamento comentarle que no soy ningún experto en programación, ni en controladores, solo soy un aficionado al modelismo, que me he metido en un proyecto, que empezó hace 4 años, siendo un juguete, y ya es todo un robot, de momento encima de la mesa de trabajo, pero ya va tomando forma, gracias a la ayuda desinteresada de varios compañeros de varios foros, y que se han interesado por mi proyecto.

En cuanto se lea algunas páginas y vea algunos programas, enseguida sabrá de que estamos hablando.

Si tiene usted experiencia en programar PLC, no tendrá ningún problema en programar con Arduino, o con Raspberry.

En los enlaces a las páginas de Internet, que le puse, tiene mucha información, tanto de inicio a la programación, como a la hora de hacer un ROV, bastante completo.

En cuanto a su diagrama de bloques, está muy bien, le falta perfilar algunas cosas, pero eso lo irá haciendo usted, según valla investigando sobre cómo hacer el proyecto, lo único que hice fue comentarle las cosas que yo vi que se podían mejorar.

Lo de las gafas Google, ya le adelanto que va a ser lo más complicado de todo, puesto que va a tener que establecer una comunicación entre el ROV, y el puesto de control, otra comunicación entre el puesto de control y la pantalla, otra comunicación entre el puesto de control y el mando, y otra comunicación entre el puesto de control y las gafas, si no he contado mal 4 comunicaciones, con sus correspondientes puertos de comunicación, por lo tanto, olvídese de Raspberry, porque no tiene tantos puertos, tendrá que ser con un Arduino Mega 2560, y no va a ser fácil, porque tiene que estrujar sus recursos al máximo.
A demás, las gafas Google, no dejan de ser un teléfono móvil, Smartphone, que tienen un leguaje de programación distinto y adaptado, Macintosh, Windows, o Android, por lo tanto, puede ser un problema a la hora de elegir como programar su ROV.

En cuanto a los precios, ya le adelanto que el proyecto, no le va a salir barato, pero aun así, son más baratas las placas Arduino, que las placas Raspberry, pero cuando lea las paginas que le he puesto, se dará cuenta de que esa diferencia de precio, es por la diferencia de recursos y posibilidades de una placa y la otra.

El precio de los sensores es el mismo, puesto que los sensores utilizados en Arduino, se pueden utilizar también con Raspberry.

Por lo tanto lo que le debe influir en la decisión entre una placa y otra, es el lenguaje de programación, que más le acomode a usted.

El consejo que le puedo dar con respecto a las placas, es que busque muy bien entre los posibles distribuidores, porque hay una diferencia considerable de un distribuidor a otro, y que tenga cuidado con el precio de los transportes, porque muchas veces vale más el transporte que la pieza a comprar, y siempre hay grandes distribuidores con ofertas interesantes, por ejemplo yo compro mucho en Aliexpres.com, es mucho más barato que cualquier otra página, pero a España, me tardan casi un mes en llegar los pedidos, por lo tanto no puedo tener prisa para recibir la compra de cualquier producto.

Le cuento mi experiencia personal, no tengo ningún interés en que usted compre en una tienda o en otra.
Supongo que en Estados Unidos, tendrán algún gran distribuidor de electrónica, como Sparkfun, o Adafruit, es cuestión de buscar mucho en Internet, y conforme están las cosas con su Gobierno y China, a lo mejor no le interesa comprar allí.

Si se decide a comprar un Arduino, que sea el Arduino Mega 2560, tiene más posibilidades que los otros Arduinos, y funcionan igual los clones Chinos, que los Originales Italianos, y valen la mitad.
Si se decide por Raspberry, que sea la Raspberry pi 3 +, por lo mismo, tiene más posibilidades que los otros modelos, y no se olvide de comprar los 3 disipadores de calor, que le hacen falta.
Tenga en cuenta, que necesitará, por lo menos dos unidades de la placa que elija, una para dentro del ROV, y otra para el puesto de control.

Un saludo.

Good night.

I regret to tell you that I am not an expert in programming, nor in controllers, I am only a fan of modeling, that I have gotten into a project, which started 4 years ago, being a toy, and is already a robot, at the moment above the artboard, but it is already taking shape, thanks to the selfless help of several colleagues from several forums , and you have taken an interest in my project.

As soon as you read some pages and watch some programs, you'll soon know what we're talking about.

If you have experience in programming PLC, you will have no problem programming with Arduino, or with Raspberry.

In the links to the Internet pages, which I put, it has a lot of information, both from start to programming, and when making a ROV, quite complete.

As for your block diagram, it's fine, it lacks to outline some things, but that will be done by you, according to fence researching how to do the project, all I did was tell you the things that I saw that could be improved.

The Google glasses, I already anticipate that it will be the most complicated of everything, since it will have to establish a communication between the ROV, and the checkpoint, another communication between the checkpoint and the screen, another communication between the checkpoint and the command, and another communication between the checkpoint and the glasses , if I have not counted wrong 4 communications, with its corresponding communication ports, therefore forget Raspberry, because it does not have so many ports, it will have to be with an Arduino Mega 2560, and it will not be easy, because it has to squeeze its resources to the maximum.
In addition, Google glasses, are constantly a mobile phone, Smartphone, which have a different and adapted programming language, Macintosh, Windows, or Android, therefore, can be a problem when choosing how to program your ROV.

As for the prices, I already anticipate that the project, will not come cheap, but still, Arduino boards are cheaper, than the Raspberry boards, but when you read the pages I have put you, you will notice that that price difference, is because of the difference of resources and possibilities of one board and the other.

The price of the sensors is the same, since the sensors used in Arduino, can also be used with Raspberry.

So what should influence you in the decision between one board and another, is the programming language, which suits you the most.

The advice I can give you regarding the plates, is that you look very well among the possible distributors, because there is a considerable difference from one distributor to another, and be careful with the price of transports, because often worth more transport than the piece to buy, and there are always large distributors with interesting offers, for example I buy a lot in Aliexpres.com , it is much cheaper than any other page, but to Spain, it takes me almost a month to get the orders, therefore I can not be in a hurry to receive the purchase of any product.

I tell you my personal experience, I have no interest in you buying in one store or another.
I guess in the United States, they'll have some big electronics distributor, like Sparkfun, or Adafruit, it's a matter of looking a lot on the Internet, and as things stand with your government and China, maybe you're not interested in buying there.

If you decide to buy an Arduino, whichever is the Arduino Mega 2560, you have more chances than the other Arduinos, and work the same Chinese clones, than the Italian Originals, and they are worth half.
If you decide on Raspberry, make it the Raspberry pi 3+, so you have more possibilities than the other models, and don't forget to buy the 3 heat sinks you need.
Note, you will need at least two board units of your choice, one for inside the ROV, and one for the checkpoint.

Greetings.
I think I will dump the FPV (Google Glasses) from my concept. Probably a bit over the top. I would be fine with a Video monitor and (if required) an HMI screen for data. I will investigate further how others are doing things and decide. Maybe try different ways to see what may be best.

Thanks again for the replies.
Dan
MarcoMota

Post by MarcoMota »

Hey, I would suggest you to look STM ARM Boards. Maybe cartex M6. You can program them using STM32CubeIDE. The programming language is C, this allows you to have full control of every aspect of the board.

Anyways its better to also use a rasbperry since it has an OS and you can run "parallel" programs in it.

For the theder I would suggest you to use ethernet IPV4 or IPV6 TCP comunication protocol. In the ROV you could put a HUB. With the HUB you could connect various IP addressable components such as cameras, controllers and so on. Then only one cable would come to the surface. You arent obligated to use an ethernet cable for the tether, the important thing is that it must have the wirings necessary for ethernet comunication.

On the surface you would have your laptop with a program running to control the ROV and other programs to show you the live camera footage (maybe you can buy some components that allow to transimt Video signal for your FPV glasses). You could also wire the fpv glasses and use them as a second monitor that only shows the camera feedback.

I am planning to make my own AUV this summer. The idea is to controll it without a tether using an audio modulated signal. I am still making the frame and the ballast. When I will be done I will start to think on the elctronics/programming.

Good Luck! <><
medemt

Post by medemt »

MarcoMota wrote:Hey, I would suggest you to look STM ARM Boards. Maybe cartex M6. You can program them using STM32CubeIDE. The programming language is C, this allows you to have full control of every aspect of the board.

Anyways its better to also use a rasbperry since it has an OS and you can run "parallel" programs in it.

For the theder I would suggest you to use ethernet IPV4 or IPV6 TCP comunication protocol. In the ROV you could put a HUB. With the HUB you could connect various IP addressable components such as cameras, controllers and so on. Then only one cable would come to the surface. You arent obligated to use an ethernet cable for the tether, the important thing is that it must have the wirings necessary for ethernet comunication.

On the surface you would have your laptop with a program running to control the ROV and other programs to show you the live camera footage (maybe you can buy some components that allow to transimt Video signal for your FPV glasses). You could also wire the fpv glasses and use them as a second monitor that only shows the camera feedback.

I am planning to make my own AUV this summer. The idea is to controll it without a tether using an audio modulated signal. I am still making the frame and the ballast. When I will be done I will start to think on the elctronics/programming.

Good Luck! <><
Thank you for the feedback. A lot of what you wrote is truly over my head but it gives me things to research and read about. Would love to see what you so with your AUV.