Taking a poll

A spot for any other misc. programing languages not covered above.
medemt

Re: Taking a poll

Post by medemt »

fryslan76 wrote:
medemt wrote:fryslan76
Would like to see any documentation on that if you get a chance and are willing. Based on a number of the posts in this thread, that seems to be the way to go. At least for what I am envisioning doing in my design.

Thanks for the response
Dan
I have a old build tread on the forum you can look up called Dutch ROV. It have some of my solutions and problems in there :)

I was not aware that I was going to need a Parrot on a stick for the build. That might be a problem! LOL :D
bigbadbob

Post by bigbadbob »

medemt wrote: I don't know if I'll get as good as you and others on this forum, but I am wiling to try.
If you are willing, it's easy to be better than me for sure. I'm still learning more about coding every day.
My tip would be to ask yourself if you understand what each line of code does. if not then go back and try some more simple code and work your way up or use the online arduino reference and learn the lines you don't fully understand.
just copying someone's code and trying to adapt it to your needs without understanding it is fraught with danger.
I should know... I've done it often enough myself. :lol:
medemt

Post by medemt »

bigbadbob wrote:
medemt wrote: I don't know if I'll get as good as you and others on this forum, but I am wiling to try.
If you are willing, it's easy to be better than me for sure. I'm still learning more about coding every day.
My tip would be to ask yourself if you understand what each line of code does. if not then go back and try some more simple code and work your way up or use the online arduino reference and learn the lines you don't fully understand.
just copying someone's code and trying to adapt it to your needs without understanding it is fraught with danger.
I should know... I've done it often enough myself. :lol:

You are spot on. That is the way I approach learning anything. I have acquired a starter kit for Arduino and will also get one for Raspberry and do as you say. I have downloaded a number of tutorial and reference documents and will go through those. Once I feel I am making progress, then I will look at what others have written to see if I understand it and if it is a better way to do something specific. Your point is well taken. Shoot those out there any time. I was in the Marine Corps for 23 years, so I have thick skin. I'm about learning and trying to be the best that I can. Not the best there is - necessarily.

Thanks
Dan