Hello..

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
jacobsonr

Hello..

Post by jacobsonr »

Well, I am back after many years of absence. I was part of the yahoo forum back in the day and failed to move over with the group when the switch happened. My own fault, too many pots boiling.

Here it goes, I am a technology teacher and when I started back in 1999 I built several simple ROVs in comparison to some that I have seen today. I built a seaperch and Seafox with the students I was working with at the time. The sad part, I left them in my room when I switched schools :(

After many years and a couple of school changes, I want to start a club again. I want to have (Middle School students) compete in the MATE Scout competition. I have thought about just having them build a Seafox/Seaperch style ROV, but I want to add more complexity. I would like to add some type of controller with programming abilities. I have some Arduino and Beaglebone blue boards. I leaning more towards the Arduino vs Beaglebone blue. Here is where I would need your advice, I am very very new to Beaglebone and can do some simple Arduino stuff ( with help). Where can I find a good tutorial for students to follow on setting a simple Arduino setup? I really want this to be something they do, and just to be clear 5th - 8th graders
Thanks, everyone who reads this and many thanks to all the help.
good to be back
Robby
fryslan76

Re: Hello..

Post by fryslan76 »

Welcome back, the arduino.cc site contains a ton of info. But also some resellers have nice info available and offcourse this forum.