Attitude control of underwater tripod

Anything to do with Propulsion.
cmprice11

Attitude control of underwater tripod

Post by cmprice11 »

Hi everyone, I'm an engineering grad student designing a tripod that, when detached from an AUV glider and sits on the seabed, can automatically adjust its attitude based on an accelerometer. The actuators will be servo motors on the bottom of each leg of the tripod. The legs are threaded and there are threaded "sleeves" near the top of the payload. So, when the motors at the feet of each leg rotate clockwise/counter-clockwise, that corresponds to raising/lowering that leg. The RPM doesn't need to be very high, but a moderate amount of torque is preferred. More details on this project:
-operating depth is up to 100 fsw.
-Combined weight of the payload, tripod, and components (motor, battery, etc) cannot exceed 12 pounds in salt water.
-See attachment to get an idea of what I'm trying to say.

So in summary, my primary question at this point is: What servo motor waterproofed to 100 fsw with small power requirements do you recommend for this project?

Thank you for your time and support.

Very respectfully,
cmprice11
Attachments
Tripod Attitude Control.png
Tripod Attitude Control.png (36.06 KiB) Viewed 4884 times
asesorplaza1

Re: Attitude control of underwater tripod

Post by asesorplaza1 »

esta pagina resulta interesante por las diversas modificaciones que explica, échale un vistazo y veras como impermeabilizan los servos para que no les entre el agua,, un saludo desde Cuenca, España.

This page is interesting for the various modifications that explains, take a look and see how waterproof the servos so they do not enter the water, a greeting from Cuenca, Spain.

http://androminarobot.blogspot.com/2017 ... robot.html