Adapting ArduPlane for a submersible

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
brett87

Adapting ArduPlane for a submersible

Post by brett87 »

I am working on a research project for school. We have an underwater vehicle that we want to make autonomous. It looks like a torpedo and therefore its forward motion best mimics a plane. We uploaded a pixhawk unit with ArduPlane. We have a pressure sensor that is working in the I2C port but I need to adjust the ArduPlane code to read water density for a change in pressure in water. Does anyone know where to look to do this? Has someone done something similar?
ArduROV

Re: Adapting ArduPlane for a submersible

Post by ArduROV »

Maybe something like this? ;)

http://ardusub.com/
brett87

Post by brett87 »

My first concern is that these vehicles are all wired to the surface. Our research device is not wired to the surface. We will remotely control it on the surface and then flip a switch on the remote to run a mission autonomously. My second concern with these vehicles are their directional thrusters and vertical thruster. We have control surfaces but our single propeller is not directional. This is why we are starting with arduplane code because the movement is just like an airplane.
pamoreno

Post by pamoreno »

hi brett,

I am doing something similar though my submersible will be spherical in shape. I'm working on a design for a professor at ASU. If you have any questions or useful info, please email me at pamoreno@asu.edu. I would like to collaborate with others designing a similar ROV.