Loss of picture

Control Boards, Controllers, Tethers, Ect.
Ozzyboy

Loss of picture

Post by Ozzyboy »

Hi guys, finally moved along and coming on nicely, has anyone got a solution to a small problem? I have a nice video picture and power to thrusters however, loose picture momentarily when power a thruster? Any help will be greatly appreciated cheers ozz
TigerShark

Re: Loss of picture

Post by TigerShark »

Had the same problem. Some solutions to try are video baluns, isolate power system for the motors from the camera, filter capacitors etc.
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

Yeah that's pretty common. What fixed it for me was powering camera and thrusters with separate power feeds.
Ozzyboy

Post by Ozzyboy »

Hi guys, thanks very much for the replies and pointers, after two weekends digging out wax and silicone, have re routed and given camera a separate power feed, and picture is spot on, thank you all very much, currently doing the bath test and can honestly say it's the first time I have stood in the kitchen and watched the bath filling up lol, who's with me on this one?
Ian MacKenzie

Post by Ian MacKenzie »

I did that too.
rsoko

Post by rsoko »

For FPV racing quads we used to use capacitors and ferrite chokes to "smooth" out the video interference from motor noise. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpos ... stcount=14