ROV Without a Name

What are you working on .... Show off your Rov's Projects here.
Mgbss

Re: ROV Without a Name

Post by Mgbss »

Made a test rig similar to Steve's and tested my vertical motor with the shroud on and off.

No difference in forward but in reverse or in my case up I had very little .25 lbs compared to 1.6 lbs forward.

Removed the shroud and had .65 in reverse quite a difference but still seemed week, when Steve tested the same Prop (Robbe 50mm) he had 1.8 in forward and 1.4 in reverse with a 750gph pump motor where mine is a 500gpm.

I have a different motor coming (1100gph) and have a 60mm Robbe prop to try out.

I do know that getting the shroud off of my Vertical thruster will help a bunch anyway.
Mgbss

Post by Mgbss »

Well I received my 60 mm prop and my 1100gph pump motor.

The 60mm prop put out a little bit more in forward than the 50mm but less in reverse, and more than a full amp (6amps) for the little extra.
I built a new shroud for the motor and tested with a lot of improvement, then I put the 50mm on upside down and now have over 1 lbs of thrust in both forward (down) and reverse. This is the way I will test next time I can get it in the water, maybe when the ice goes away in June I think, we have had 3 to 4 ft of ice this year :o
Mgbss

Post by Mgbss »

I guess it could be time for an update

As my last post explained I am running my vertical thruster with the prop on upside down on the new 1100 pump motor and it works great, I just did some inspections to 60 ft and performed perfect.

It has been a while since the discussion of the rear plug that I am using, still using I do get a very small amount of water in the hull after each dive. I am not sure yet if its condensation, drips through the wiring or the end cap but I did notice the inside wall of the pipe is not a perfect circle it has like small flats spots nothing you can see but can feel. The amount of water doesn't hurt anything but is something I am trying to figure out. As mentioned above I just had it to 60 ft several dives and no difference was noted.

Also I did switch the camera to a 700 TVL Sony CCD EFFIO-P WDR I am not impressed so far, I don't think the picture is quite as good as my original camera and the changing to B&W at low light seems to happen way to soon, but I am still trying differant adjustments before I replace it.

I have probably 50 dives on it with 30 or so being inspections and it is working great, although I am planning a new one.

Joe