Hello All

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
manhattan

Hello All

Post by manhattan »

Hello All,
Consider myself noob to all this but after accidently seeing this site I was “bitten” two months ago and decided to give it a try. I have no engineering or electrical background / in-depth knowledge so most of my progress is thanks to this site and a bit of RCgroup. I am a military combat diver (dräger system) and civilian instructor. My main is explosives and fuses so not much was actually helpful for this project with exception of maybe a bit of buoyancy and RF issues.
Main reason for the ROV is that I live part-time on an Island in Croatian Dalmatia with an amazing underwater environment and want to see deeper then I can dive. So the ROV must be able to operate 60-100m depth deployed from a boat with surface power. (Ambitious or foolish I don’t know) After researching and reading a lot I think it actually may work and please correct me if I am wrong.

I am currently on mission assignment in an area where machining is almost free (proficiency is accordingly…lol..) I decided to make body in aluminum and purchased the ROV-Asia controller which seems to work fine (tested with three motors) Power will be top-side from a boat 24-36V DC, four brushless + esc combos, two LED lights and network camera Axis 221. Connectors purchased from Bulgin and power + Cat5e going down. Overall so far it all seems to work with only a few hiccups which I will post accordingly here and on the rc-group. Right now I am about to test the o-ring seals and I am waiting for the props. Have a few videos and plan to make many more.

Sorry for this long rant, I think you guys have a wealth of skills which are not common/easy to find and look forward communicating with all of you.

Joe
soulreaper

Re: Hello All

Post by soulreaper »

Welcome to the forum Manhattan...