Hello from Milton Keynes UK

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
wayno complaino

Hello from Milton Keynes UK

Post by wayno complaino »

Hi All!

Been lurking on and off for some time and i'm now starting to take my first steps into building and 'playing with' ROVs. Ive been especially inspired by Bindo and his mini ROV built with quite basic gear.

I fly RC planes and quadcopters mainly through First Person View equipment, have many Rpi's and Arduinos hanging around, hopefully giving experience in the electronics needed for this sort of project. I also have a 3d printer and (limited) access to a large machine shop so in theory i'm all set up....

Its been in the back of my mind for a while but recently i received a challenge that would make the project worth wile in more ways than just personal interest. A hobby shop where i sometimes fly has a large lake that is known to have a few boats and even helicopters sitting at the bottom. They'll be of no use now but they do make a good target for some search and rescue with a little ROV!

Anyway, for now Hello and expect some questions and pictures of my progress soon.

Wayne
fryslan76

Re: Hello from Milton Keynes UK

Post by fryslan76 »

Welcome,

And lets how you can find some of them ;)
wayno complaino

Post by wayno complaino »

Went for my first ROV fly yesterday. There were successes and failures.

Good was everything worked, control, batteries, video feed.

Bad was a rubbish camera and flair from the light.

Also learnt that water that looks very murky from the top also means you wont see much from under ether. Who'd had thought?! :o

Will start a thread on my set up at some point. For now its nice to have got wet rather than just having piles of parts laying around the house. :)
Jaman42

Post by Jaman42 »

wayno complaino wrote:For now its nice to have got wet rather than just having piles of parts laying around the house. :)
Piles of parts laying around the house? I have no idea what your talking about...... :D