Fan of Complicated Project

Newbies say hello and introduce yourself.
Pitbull81

Fan of Complicated Project

Post by Pitbull81 »

Well hi everyone
I will appologize right now: Im french so my english is probably not the best ever seen, but i will do my very best.

Im member of this forum since few weeks, but this is my first post. Ive been away for a month cause of my job.

About me: Im 28, from canada. I have not particular knowledge in electronics, rc or underwater enginering. to be honest, im brand new in this world.
but since Im working on this project, ive start learning a lot of different thing that I hope will be usefull eventually.

My project: Build a rov from scratch and send it by 300m deep. Or let say, build it able to support that depth.

Dont tell me its impossible... there is always a way;)

So its why Im here. Ive seen many genius project here. I hope Ill be able to find some help and share ppl knowledge.

thx :)

Karl
KR2_Diving
Location: Currently: NW Suburbs of Chicago. Originally: NE Wisconsin

Re: Fan of Complicated Project

Post by KR2_Diving »

Welcome!!!

NOTHING is impossible if you set your mind to it! 300m will present many challenges for you! There is a lot of good material and ideas on this forum that i am sure will help you out!!!

Best of luck on your build!

Happy Diving!

Ryan
"KR2_Diving"
TigerShark

Post by TigerShark »

I am building mine to do about that depth. I'll be working on 100m for the immediate future. The tether and syntactic foam is my only limitation to overcome currently.
kendelrio

Post by kendelrio »

Good luck friend! 300m is a heck of a target out of the box, but with patience and research I'm sure you'll do fine! If there's anything I can do to help, feel free to ask!
bigbadbob

Post by bigbadbob »

300m is definately not impossible Pitbull, but may be expensive.
This is one of few areas where aiming low is a good thing. haha.
If you have the funds anything is possible.
I once flew an ancient commercial ROV that had been derated to 350m
due to it's age, I sweated a bit at 350m and swear i could hear it creak. :lol:
perfo

Post by perfo »

300m does sound interesting. I have one project where it would have to go to 600 m but I've got far too much else to think about now so wont progress (even mentally) my future possible 600 m project. However I will be watching and learning how you get one with yours.

I'm no expert with ROVs but from a physics point of view I would guess that making it as small as possible would help as the pressure increase i.e. keeping the hoop stresses down. May be even machine it out of a solid lump of ally ?
Filling the whole thing with oil or demin watery also help structural stresses. The Camera lens would have to be dealt with separately though I guess....

I'm a keen liker of Montreal as well...