Welcome to the Forum.

Info pertaining to the operation of the forum.
admin
Site Admin

Welcome to the Forum.

Post by admin »

Welcome to the forum,

I've been running Homebuiltrovs.com for over a decade now and I may have contributed to your projects in one way or another. I've been wanting to start a Rov forum for quite awhile now (years actually) but I just haven't had the time until now to really try it. I'm still pretty busy lately and most of you who frequent my site know I haven't worked on any of my ROV projects in a over a year so I thought this would be a good way to stay connected to the hobby.

The main reason I wanted to start a forum is to offer a place where others can share their work. (Because I know not everyone has their own website.) I know there are other groups out there but none of them are setup like actual forums that make it easy to share ideas (like being able to post pictures and keep track of different threads) so I figured I'd give the actual forum thing a go. I also know this is such a small niche as far as hobby's go so it will probably take awhile (if ever) to really get going but I thought I'd give it a try anyway and see what happens. You'll have to bear with me because I'm pretty new to running an actual forum and I'm sure there will be some hurdles along the way but we'll see what happens.

Keep in mind a forum is only as good as it's members ..... so get posting :)

-Steve
Carlos D

Re: Welcome to the Forum.

Post by Carlos D »

Hi Steve, thanks for the Forum, it will be a great asset to newbies that
need help and guidance when starting their project. I'm always learning
and planning my next ROV, so I can really use the help.
Thanks again, Carlos D
cncmike

Post by cncmike »

Hey Steve, great to see you put together a forum. Mike Peterson from Minnesota. I exchanged emails with you a bit.

Anyways, been slowly working on my ROV, not too much progress but I did enter the world of Micro Controllers and have learned alot.

Will be sharing once I get it all wrapped up.

I have little site that is rarely updated on my ROV status.... http://rov.cncbasics.com

Check it out. Eventually I will be posting the code for the software interface I have been building.

Mike in MN
sthone

Post by sthone »

Cool, I've been meaning to update my links section on my page I'll add you to the list as soon as I do.

-Steve
Forest

Post by Forest »

:D

-Steve thank you for making this forum it will help a lot me a lot!
Stacy

Post by Stacy »

Great forum Steve, I'm extremely new to the ROV scene, but I am excited and looking forward to getting started on my first ROV project.

Stacy
TomCat

Post by TomCat »

Thank you Steve, this can help me a lot. :)