Suggestions Welcome Here....

Info pertaining to the operation of the forum.
admin
Site Admin

Suggestions Welcome Here....

Post by admin »

Have a suggestions for a new Forum or anything else for that matter :?: Let me know here and I'll see what I can do.
websterthehamster

Re: Suggestions Welcome Here....

Post by websterthehamster »

I think it would be a good idea to turn on the user rankings - it's a fun way to see who's the most active members.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'll look into it if I have time, but I really don't want to turn posting into some kind of game or popularity contest. I've seen to many forums get cultured with useless threads just so some new member can get there post count higher than someone who's been there for years. I'm more interested this forum being about sharing good content not the amount of it.
bigbellydude

Post by bigbellydude »

I must say that I agree. Many forums end up with threads and topics entirely away from the point of the forum. I have thought about this, and from a web designers point of view, the only reason you would want that to happen would be if you wanted better page rank, or more hits from Google searches. This is a valuable forum, let's keep it that way! Thanks again, Steve, for starting it in the first place.
Josh
mr7n

Post by mr7n »

Going to have to agree with the fact that user ranks are not a good idea. I too have seen forums being ruined due to people posting random, unrelated things which in the end, lead to the decline of the forum and the standard of posting!
Alaska Rov Systems

Post by Alaska Rov Systems »

I think to user ranks are just plain stupid and we do not need this forum to be a contest. I want the information to be about ROV's and not random comments about unrelated stuff. Let's keep the good information flowing.

Alex
Spadinator

Post by Spadinator »

Where are all the spam posts coming from?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Guess some people have nothing better to do, I might have to turn on the approve post feature for new users if it continues.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

With the acceptation of the spammers I've mistakenly all ready approved (and haven't spammed yet) you guys shouldn't see any more spam posts from new ones.... I turned on the approve post feature for new users... Newbies don't fret though I will approve legit people pretty quick.
soulreaper

Post by soulreaper »

I was wondering if you could make a place for people to put videos of their rov adventures?