Suggestions Welcome Here....

Info pertaining to the operation of the forum.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions Welcome Here....

Post by admin »

The problem with videos is they are usually a pretty large file.. what kind of format is your video? I'd have to look into it.

One option is to post it to YouTube first then share the link in your thread that way it keeps everything about your Rov together.... Least that's what I do (the forum setup to accept YouTube links.)
soulreaper

Post by soulreaper »

Thats exactly what I meant to say. I should have explained it better. Is it possible to make a place for forum members to post Youtube links of their rov adventures. It would be mainly just for the links, not a place for discussion. ;)
bossfrog

Post by bossfrog »

soulreaper wrote:I was wondering if you could make a place for people to put videos of their rov adventures?
I think that is an excellent idea.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ask and ye shall receive (most of the time :) )

Mission Footage
soulreaper

Post by soulreaper »

Awesome :D thankyou very much.
87TurboIroc

Post by 87TurboIroc »

Is there a way to ease up the search restrictions? This forum isn't exactly huge compared to many on the Web (us sinking machine folk are a rare breed), but the search function is very handicapped by the 'this search term is too common' message. I was searching for 'thruster current', trying to find some posts related to current tests. I always end up just having to make a new post asking a question that has already been answered.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wow :shock: the search function does suck... thanks for bringing this to my attention.

It might take me a bit (I'm not the best forum administrator) but I'll see what I can find for a fix.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry it took so long :oops: but the search function should work better (or just actually work) now.

-admin :grip:
scubersteve

Post by scubersteve »

Do you think we could pin the "draw, thrust, and components" thread to the top of the thruster section?
It could be renamed or even replaced but what I was hoping for was a place people could post their thruster experiment and testing results for the benefit of everyone. It might save someone from going down a well trod dead end in regards to thruster design.
If you agree and chose to pin the existing thread, you might also want to clean up the ancillary comments and questions on there so it is just straight data. Short of someone trying to create a spreadsheet or something (and that would be a hassle to keep up with) it is probably the best way to disseminate such information.
Just my 2 cents.
P.s. I am a big fan of this forum. Thanks for putting it together.
<><
a_shorething

Can you add a 'thumbs up' function for posts and threads?

Post by a_shorething »

I've been on boards where a convo or post can be given a reaction. It's not the same as ranking or post count for a person (which you've said you don't want to do), but it does give a way for people to show support (and by whom) and also can give others a way of knowing the more informative or interesting posts.

When someone I respect on the board gives a thumbs up, I want to check that post out. When I make a post and someone whose opinion I value gives me a thumbs-up, I feel like I've contributed to the conversation in a positive way (even though he or she didn't technically post a 'reply'). I think it would make things more active and positive here...

When I see a well-written post or response I look for a 'thumbs up' or 'up-rate' function here and there's nothing but a 'report this post' function.

What do you think?