New Section - The Code Room - Programing.

Info pertaining to the operation of the forum.
admin
Site Admin

New Section - The Code Room - Programing.

Post by admin »

I saw someone request this in a thread so I just made a new section called "The Code Room" for Programing topics.

This new section is for discussion of the actual programs and a place to post your code. Topics and discussion about the actual boards or shields should still be placed in Control Systems and Tethers area.

Right now I only have a Arduino section but will add more as I go. I'm not up on all the current programing languages so if you have a specific language you think I should add a section for please let me know..

I moved a few Arduino threads out of the Control Systems and Tethers section to the new one all ready so If you are having problems location certain thread look there.

-Admin :grip:
FJM

Re: New Section - The Code Room - Programing.

Post by FJM »

Thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find the thread I was following, then found it moved!

Good stuff! I'll check in here whenever I'm on.

I have a software background (VB and C++ mostly) and working with the Arduino platform a lot. I think sections for C/C++ and Visual Basic would be useful as well.

Fred
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks I was going to add those 2 and probably a miscellaneous section today. Those are about the only other two I know of being popular so if anyone else has any other recommendations that wouldn't just go in the miscellaneous section let me know.

admin :grip:
a_shorething

Post by a_shorething »

Steve,

Good idea on those.

I would suggest maybe one for Raspberry PI and one for Beaglebone.

These are hardware/firmware but I think they have software components that would be similar to the kinds of threads you might see for Arduino. Raspberry PI has Raspian, Python and some others. I think Beaglebone is Linux but I'm not sure.

Since the other one says 'Anything to do with programming on the Arduino platform' or something, I think it makes sense.