PID Servo controller over I2C

Anything to do with the Raspberry Pi
perfo

PID Servo controller over I2C

Post by perfo »

Any one set up one of these on the RPI? basically I'm using the adafruit servo controller over I2C and the 9 axis gyro board so want to give the PI a heading and it (using PID controller ) works out the best setting for the relevant motors and squirts it down the I2C to the servo driver. Arduino has a library for this sort of thing. I can do the coding in VB / VBA and have a little simulator set up in excel. So I've got the basics and feel I can port it over to the PI but just wondering if any one else has already done it?
Thanks
fryslan76

Re: PID Servo controller over I2C

Post by fryslan76 »

So far, did I only thought about it. But I have not build it.
a_shorething

Post by a_shorething »

perfo wrote:Any one set up one of these on the RPI? basically I'm using the adafruit servo controller over I2C and the 9 axis gyro board so want to give the PI a heading and it (using PID controller ) works out the best setting for the relevant motors and squirts it down the I2C to the servo driver. Arduino has a library for this sort of thing. I can do the coding in VB / VBA and have a little simulator set up in excel. So I've got the basics and feel I can port it over to the PI but just wondering if any one else has already done it?
Thanks
I just saw the Adafruit i2c PWM 'hat' and was thinking the same thing. Looks very cool.

I'll be watching for developments on this and may come up with something of my own. I'll keep you posted.
perfo

Post by perfo »

Me too then especially if you do it in Python... :)