Raspberry PI based ROV

Anything to do with the Raspberry Pi
perfo

Re: Raspberry PI based ROV

Post by perfo »

I changed it to response but still no joy..
I changed it to response.sendFile rather than sendfile and it did something but complained about not knowing where index.html was..

so
response.sendFile(full path to index.html)

did the trick it is now working... it seems picky if it picks up a key press though... but that's not my worry at present .. I'll try and study it and learn what I can...
Thanks for your time matey..

Edit :- It wasn't picky at detecting key presses the PI was doing something. A quick reboot and it's as quick as hmmm a quick thing...
fryslan76

Post by fryslan76 »

Not to downgrade Moki his scripts, but I found this nice page: http://danielnill.com/nodejs-tutorial-with-socketio/ go to the bottom for a link to github with the complete code. Has a basic interaction setup between the server and the client.
perfo

Post by perfo »

I'll go and have a look at that link now thanks....I've still a lot to learn..
However I dedicated a lot of yesterday to giving it a good bashing and I think I've cracked it.. I can pan and tilt my camera and turn on off leds on my pi over a html5 web page with node server and socket io I still need to get more familiar with Jscript but I'm over the frustration of not knowing why something doesn't work.
I know it is not unique to Javascript but I've wasted a lot of time having fault due to a simple Var in stead of var or a capital at the start of a variable or something.. Still it mean I've learn't how to use the in browser error checking (F12 in chrome) and got used to using brackets as my JS editor... My next thing is to get the data from my sensors reliably and tidy everything up... If I'm lucky I'll end up with something that looks like Moki's..
perfo

Post by perfo »

Moki,,, I wasn't sure what to do with my help request.. It has come from stuff you've told me in this thread but not directly to do with your project so I started a new thread..
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1623

Thanks
perfo

Post by perfo »

fryslan76 wrote:Not to downgrade Moki his scripts, but I found this nice page: http://danielnill.com/nodejs-tutorial-with-socketio/ go to the bottom for a link to github with the complete code. Has a basic interaction setup between the server and the client.
A good find there...thanks...
Louis_Cha

Post by Louis_Cha »

Hello all

I'm having trouble with the software, the problem seems to be when the software does not detect the IMU during boot, but thats as far as i have got. I have tested it both on the B and the B+.

Has anyone got any suggestions? Solved this problem yourself? Know how to go about solving it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Moki

Post by Moki »

Have seen your email, but ill just reply here.

- What kind of IMU do you use?
- Could you give us a output listing of the command "i2cdetect -y 1"
- Did you try to run "RTIMULibDrive" and what was the result?
Louis_Cha

Post by Louis_Cha »

I'm not using an IMU, I'm afraid I can't try the other stuff ATM, but I will, probably tomorrow

Thanks!
Moki

Post by Moki »

Wait.. (Confused)

You have troubles, with the "no IMU detected" because you dont have an IMU installed.
Or does the program stop/halts after that message?
Louis_Cha

Post by Louis_Cha »

The program stops/halts after that message