Action Cameras

Our Eye's under the water.
Jaman42

Action Cameras

Post by Jaman42 »

I got a dedicated camera for live view so this is only for recording. A GoPro was my initial thought but I thought I must have a look around first, I am only after good video quality, I don't feel the need for a LCD screen or 4K video, 60fps 1080p is all I want. Wi-fi capabilities is nice as well, then I would only need to supply constant power to the camera to be able to leave it in the housing.

Veho VCC-006-K2NPNG Muvi K-Series K2 NPNG
This camera looks interesting, good price, capable of 1080p @ 60 FPS, a water proof housing is included with a depth rating of 100m. Although I plan on going deeper eventually it could be nice to have something to start off with. Wi-fi capabilities.

ISAW EDGE
Another nicely priced camera, also capable of 1080p @ 60 FPS, includes a water proof housing capable of 40m. Wi-fi capabilities.

GoPro Hero4 Session
I read a lot of reviews that the price is about the same as a Hero4 silver so it was better to buy that, I guess it was when it was released but not anymore. This seems to be a really good priced camera as well, capable of 1080p @ 60 FPS, water proof to 10m depth but I don't see that as an issue, I was planning on making a custom housing for the camera of choice anyways. Wi-fi capabilities.

Hero4 black is overkill for what I need so I count that out, Hero4 silver looks nice but is double the price of the Hero4 Session and it got a lot of stuff I don't feel the need for. At first glance I really liked the Session but then I read some reviews that the image quality wasn't really good. I suspect that the reviewer compared it side by side with the hero4 silver since at the time they seem to have been priced equally. Now when it's half the price of the Silver the opinions may have changed.

Hero4 Session vs Hero4 Silver vs Hero3+ Black Side By Side HD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28YGyMR6Ts

After writing this post I'm still leaning towards the Hero4 Session, whats your opinions about different action cameras? Perhaps you know of another one or got one of these yourself?
NCUWI

Re: Action Cameras

Post by NCUWI »