BNC to USB

Our Eye's under the water.
puzzler300

BNC to USB

Post by puzzler300 »

So my plan is to use a 1200 TVL cctv camera, and I wanted to use my laptop. Checking around I one that looks decent:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/191162841563?lpid=82
This one is four channel, which would be handy, especially if I decided to add more cameras.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good converter from the camera's BNC output to the laptop's USB input, or had one they preferred.
Thanks very much!
puzzler300

Re: BNC to USB

Post by puzzler300 »

I've had success over 500' of cat5e tether with this product. It's got a kinda gross software that comes with it, but it seems to work.
Oldsirhippy

Post by Oldsirhippy »

In my ROV which is still in development I have used a similar converter, seems to work OK and produces reasonable video. An advantage is very low cost and the software provided is simple but works. The only downside was the overall picture size, it was limited by the software to a smaller window than I would like.
For the transmission of the video on the CAT 5e cable I used baluns which worked OK.
puzzler300

Post by puzzler300 »

It seems to be working pretty well for me. Although I'm concerned about the construction of the device itself. It's just been kind of sitting on my desk, getting pushed around a little, and it looks like the male usb port is getting a bit bent. I'll have to test it make sure it's still okay.
Mgbss

Post by Mgbss »

I use a similar one (single channel) about 4 years now works great Its a Roxio brand and has a cheesy program as well but can do some splicing and add a title It however only works with its own software would like to find a generic one.