controlling ESC with keyboard commands

Anything to do with programing the Arduino Platform.
A.R.E.S._R.O.V.

controlling ESC with keyboard commands

Post by A.R.E.S._R.O.V. »

Hello everyone, I am brand spanking new to arduino so i'm looking for someone to help me on my "modular ROV". Basically what I need is this: I have five brushless motors with five ESC's I would like to be able to press a key to activate one or two motors at time in either clockwise or ccw to move the ROV through the water.

Does anyone have experience with ROV's or similar ESC commands who would like to help me write some code?

Any help is very appreciated!
KR2_Diving
Location: Currently: NW Suburbs of Chicago. Originally: NE Wisconsin

Re: controlling ESC with keyboard commands

Post by KR2_Diving »

A.R.E.S._R.O.V. wrote:Hello everyone, I am brand spanking new to arduino so i'm looking for someone to help me on my "modular ROV". Basically what I need is this: I have five brushless motors with five ESC's I would like to be able to press a key to activate one or two motors at time in either clockwise or ccw to move the ROV through the water.

Does anyone have experience with ROV's or similar ESC commands who would like to help me write some code?

Any help is very appreciated!
Hey! Welcome to the forum!

This is a pretty tall order, but if you have the desire to see it through, there are TONS of resources out there to help out!

If you are NEW to Arduino, a MUST have book is the book, Programming Arduino Getting Started with Sketches / Edition 1, by Simon Monk. This is hands down the best way to get started!

I would also recommend looking into Processing, which is a way to build a PC interface for your Arduino... I have not worked with this yet, but it is somewhere on my TO-DO list...
You can find some info on it HERE.

Here is another link that I have saved in the past that might be useful...LINK.

If you have a dig around in my Build Thread, there are lots of code examples posted that should point you in the right direction!

Happy Diving!
:sting:
Ryan
"KR2_DIVING"
A.R.E.S._R.O.V.

Re: controlling ESC with keyboard commands

Post by A.R.E.S._R.O.V. »

Thank you for your help KR2_diving. I ended up deciding that a simple joystick would be easier to work with. I have another post on that as well, if you are able to help with that it would be much appreciated!